Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Fruits,Vegetables, and Most Importantly Jesus

Call it a fad if you want, but fruits and vegetables are so IN right now. The "healthy/paleo/organic" lifestyle has brought about stores like Earth Fare & Fresh Thyme Farmers Market, and I for one am not complaining. More recently, I started juicing, smoothie-making, and eating super-duper healthy. Less half an hour ago, I had some crazy delicious green juice, featuring an apple, three leaves of romaine lettuce, and an organic lemon. No one can stop me now!

The high I get while I'm juicing or smoothie-making is pretty amazing. I feel even better when I read an article talking about the enzymes in the foods and the awesome things they can do for my body. But this vibrant lifestyle can only offer so much...after all, they're just fruits and vegetables! So can Jesus Christ offer this same sense of fulfillment for my life?

Yes. Actually, Christ's love for us is so empowering that He is all we need. Looking through the Gospels, particularly  in Mark, Christ calls his disciples by name to drop everything and follow Him. The thought of dropping everything today and following Christ is overwhelming to most Americans today, but the power of Christ can only shine through us if we devote every aspect of our lives to Him. Tony Robbins, an American author, once said, "Only those who have learned the power of sincere and selfless contribution experience life's deepest joy: true fulfillment." This "sincere and selfless contribution" is synonymous with devoting our lives to Christ, because when one devotes his/her life to Christ, they are giving Christ the honor and glory for every single thing that happens in their life. Giving God the ultimate glory is the beginning of finding true fulfillment!

So yeah, worldly fulfillment may seem easy to achieve, but true, eternal fulfillment can only be achieved through Christ. Fruits and veggies sure are good, but Christ's love for me is so much sweeter!

No comments: