Tuesday, February 10, 2015

A Social Whim~

This past week, I'm proud to say I put myself out on a social whim, and a powerfully engaging conversation with another Believer bloomed forth. The Upperclassman was a steadfast Christian, as far as I could tell, and so I started asking a series of eye-opening questions. "What church do you go to? Hmm. Is it more traditional? What do you think about (insert social issue here)?" The conversation unfolded into a philosophical conversation that engaged both me and her, and the conversation forced me to think beyond the realm of superficial beliefs. Superficial beliefs are that knowledge at the surface of your faith that doesn't define your beliefs, but is what has been crunched into your mind from your environment. Are they really your beliefs? I climbed deep into my heart, and discussed a variety of social issues and some topics that forced me to unbuckle from life's booster seats, and engage with another believer. Moral of the story? Put yourself out on a whim, and force yourself to dig deeper into your faith. I don't regret it even a little...

No comments: