Friday, January 2, 2015

It's a New Year~

New Years' are scary. Not to say that they don't have a hopeful, reassuring, positive side, but I honestly believe every New Year also has a side that is haunting. This scare comes from the uncertainty of another 365 days, not knowing what will happen; who will walk in to our lives, who will leave, what will happen to us...

For me, this uncertainty pertains to the wondering I have as to the decisions I will make as I try to discover God's will for my life. Being extremely self-concious, I am already expecting looks of disagreement and disapproval when others see new activities I want to implement into my life, and old activities I'm ready to let go of. But besides the fact that these imaginings are irrational, who cares what other people think? I must learn to let go of others' opinions. The depth and cosmic hugeness of another 365 days can be frightening, at least to me. Maybe you only see hope in a brand new year, and these words make absolutely no sense. However, in the face of this fear that you may or may not be experiencing, hold on to the name of Jesus, cling to the cross, and pray with thanksgiving. God will deliver.

No comments: