Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Seeds of Doubt~

Do. Hard. Things. Why? Because the outcome of pushing yourself to the edge of human limits will grow you not just as a person, but in your spiritual walk with Christ. Psalms 118:6 says, "The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Phillipians 4:13 says, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Psalms 23:4 says, "Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." What do we gain from these verses? That we can do all things with the help of Christ, fearing no evil, and fearing nothing that may hinder us from doing what we seek to do. Doing hard things is no easy challenge. Doing hard things means accepting the challenges that bring discomfort, humiliation, and frustration. However, with the help of Christ, we gain perseverance, integrity, and empowerment from these tough challenges. Seeds of doubt are often sowed in our minds by the infamous Devil, and by those around us who aren't doing a very good job of building us up. God, however, can clear our heads of these seeds if we just say YES, and go against the desire to cower away from the challenges ahead of us. So accept the challenge, even when those seeds of doubt tell you otherwise, and danger lies ahead. Remember, Christ triumphs in the end!

No comments: