Thursday, September 11, 2014

Buckle Down~

1 Corinthians 15:58 says, "Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord." Does this verse encourage you? Excite you? When reading this verse, I don't see a Sunday morning church service, or a few Christians walking the halls at school. I see something inexorable, missionaries walking the streets of foreign lands, and others trekking the deserts or wild lands of places I've never been. I also see mission-minded people walking the local streets of Whiteland.  I see a tightly woven group of Christians marching in faith, going from town to town, family to family, person to person, proclaiming their faith without fear of the consequential outcomes.  This picture/imagery portrays just what it means to be steadfast, immovable, and complete the work of the Lord. I believe God has every Christian painted into this great hanging portrait up in heaven, but some of us are like dried up paint, or are taking to a dark shade, unwilling to brighten up the world God is seeking to turn into the masterpiece it once was. I know I want to be in this painting! I believe this faith-driven life that Paul clearly demonstrates in 1 Corinthians is right in our fingertips, and we just have to seek after the Scriptures, buckle down our fears, and start living with a faith that is both steadfast and immovable.  We must always keep our heart focused on completing the work of the Lord.

No comments: