Friday, October 24, 2014

Take a Vacation~

I'm now home from a Floridian Paradise, a vacation well-spent with my brothers and cousins. This vacation was much needed, as I believe my whole family needed some relaxing. The moment I set foot onto the white sand beach, a few steps from our back patio, I was overcome with an open sense of relaxation. To me, the salty smell of the ocean, riding fast on an Atlantic breeze, is rejuvenating. If you're a mom or a coffee addict, imagine the feeling you get when the smell of your morning roast coffee wafts into your bedroom and beckons you from the recesses of our bed. The smell of the ocean creates that feeling in me, calling me towards it's foaming waves. This vacation, I boogie-boarded, body-boarded, and ocean kayaked. These ocean sports are so awesome, and are always a highlight of my Florida vacations. How is this of any encouragement to you? I firmly believe that vacationing is of upmost importance when it comes to how well we function in our daily lives. I came home from the beach with a renewed passion for my artsy projects, and felt quite ecstatic to sleep in my own bed again. I felt a sort of aspiration. A vacation, even if not in the stereotypical "Florida", is an awesome source of spirit and joy. We can receive a renewed passion for what we do by taking a step outside of our typical day-to-day realities, and taking a step into an alternate reality in which we put our daily routines on hold. When given the opportunity to vacate from our daily lives and relax, it is often worth it, as we will renter our daily lives with 100% of our energy, versus the 60 or 50 percent of energy we had before the vacation period. So yes, I'm telling you to take a vacation, as it rejuvenates you, gives you an increased passion for whatever it is you do, and most importantly, it gives you more time to focus on God.

No comments: