Friday, August 1, 2014

Love, Love, Love~

I guess I never understood the importance of love before reading the book of John. John is transformative, as it speaks right to the heart with the words of Jesus Christ.  I was so overwhelmed with all of Jesus' teachings from the moment I embarked on my journey through John. Soon to be finished, I want to share one of many very powerful passages sharing the importance of love.
JOHN 15:
12 My commandment is this - to love one another just as I have loved you.
13 No one has greater love than this - that one lays down his life for his friends.
14 You are my friends if you do what I command you.
15 I no longer call you slaves, because the slave does not understand what his master is doing. But I have called you friends, because I have revealed to you everything I heard from my Father.
16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit, fruit that remains, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name he will give you.
17 This I command you - to love one another.                                                       As Christians, we were appointed to bear fruit that remains, and to follow the commands of Christ.  Jesus stresses love in this chapter, and how we should love one another. Even if we are of difference of opinion with someone, or we have completely different religious/political views...love still applies. Have an awesome day everyone!

No comments: