Sunday, June 29, 2014

Back in Orbit~

Time and time again, I remember getting lessons and corny lectures about how life was a journey of ups and downs, a roller coaster ride. I felt as if I was being condemned to that kind of lifestyle-one where I couldn't be happy all of the time.  (You know-rainbows and butterflies...)  But thinking back, I'm grateful for those wise forewarnings.  Realization hit me recently, and I have come to understand that emotional highs in life, aren't always spiritually beneficial.  I had been so caught up in a bustling summer, enjoying myself, that my spiritual game had fallen under.  After gentle reflection, I now realize that my fault-seemingly small to me, but a heart-breaking fault to God, was dangerous, as it was slowly breaking the seams of my precious relationship with God.  I had gotten so caught up in the world, ever since probably late April, early May, that ever so slowly, God and his word started drifting out of my orbit, floating away, even though he knew I needed him.  I let school, hobbies, and, well, life knock God right out of my world.  But wait? My world?  That was the real problem. Not only was I slowly leaving God in the dust, but sad as it is, I wasn't even in the right position.  I had swapped places with God, stolen his position as Centerfield.  Today, I want to give that position back to the Great "I Am".  God knows it's to much stress, anyway.  We all have those times in our life when we slowly let God drift away from our hearts, and lately, I've been letting him drift.  But this upcoming week, I pray that I would realign in spiritual devotion, and reembark on the journey of discipleship.  I can't let a small hiccup in God's great plans stop me all together!

No comments: