Saturday, March 29, 2014

~Diligence in Prayer~

     I have been sick the past four days. (bleh) Sore throat, achy bones, too much television...yeah...you get the point.  However, in the midst of my bronchitis/flu mix, I relearned a skill that had been long forgotten in life's highs.  This low, which snuck up on me when least expected, has taught me the necessary discipline and diligence needed in prayer.  I find myself praying more than once a day, and asking for healing. However, it's much more than a casual "dinner-table" prayer, where the smell of the food in front of you drives you to speed through the words. The prayers that I have said the past couple of days have been from the heart, and each one has left me on my knees (figuratively), letting all of my requests float from my heart to God's open right hand. Ahh! It felt so good.
     Life is going to give us lows when we least expect it, but you must learn from those instances, and remind yourself not only what a real prayer sounds like, but what one feels like. I still need to work on my prayers, and make them more Christ-oriented, but through this illness, I know I am inching towards improvement.

No comments: